My "free" month is at its end and I decided to spend most of the time doing whatever I felt like to. This includes taking long walks, playing board games and watching Doctor Who's last season.
I received plenty of information about onboarding at my new employer which is held online. Even though it was my call to switch jobs in the middle of pandemic, I still feel a bit uneasy when it comes to 100 % remote work for the next months.
- changed processing of the underlying data of my map. I added a Python script that sorts restaurants into 4 categories depending on present tags.
- Read about Pattern Matching, the new planned feature in Python 3.10 and tried to wrap my head around the concept.
- Attended a few talks on DevConf.
- Listened to a few episodes of Easy German Podcast and I still find it the best out there for B2 level. My favourite podcast for walking!
- Listened to an episode about women in project management called Sassy or assertive followed by reading the beginning of famous book Lean in by Sheryl Sandberg. Both very interesting but I find the diversity and discrimination topic increasingly harder to take, knowing I have no tools to change the system. I'd better focus on my job.
Plans and hopes
- I found out about CS50 and decided to take a look at C lectures.